The ACI Foundation, established by the American Concrete Institute, is a non-profit organization aimed at promoting the advancement of collaboration and innovation in the concrete industry by supporting research, ideas, and scholarship.
Annually, ACI offers several undergraduate or graduate fellowship opportunities to high-potential foreign students who wish to pursue their studies at a Canadian or American university in the field of structural design, materials, and construction.
Each candidate is entitled to only one fellowship and one scholarship from the Foundation during the period of their studies.
One online application form will be used for all scholarships and fellowships. The form will automatically identify fellowships and scholarships for which a student may be eligible after answering a few qualifying questions.
- Have you ever been awarded a fellowship or scholarship from the ACI Foundation?
- What is your current educational status (undergraduate/bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate)?
- When the award year begins in fall 2024, what is your academic status (undergraduate/bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral)?
- (Fellowship candidates only) After the application season, will you be able to attend an interview at the ACI Concrete Spring Conference on March 28, 2024? Travel, registration and hotel arrangements will be paid by ACI.
- (For some scholarships) Will you be able to do a 10-12 week internship during the summer of 2024?
- The applicant must be a full-time student for the entire academic year
- Applicants must submit: contact and academic information, a CV, a 500-word essay discussing their interest in a long-term career in the concrete industry as well as their interest in the general field of concrete, an official transcript and two attestations, one of which is from an ACI member (non-student)
- Application, essay, endorsements, CV, and transcripts must be in English.
- All application materials must be received by the application deadline.
- Applicants must be proficient in English, and if this is not their native language, they may upload a copy of their TOEFL score to their application (optional).
Selected candidates will be notified by February 4, 2024, and must attend an interview with the Scholarship Board at the ACI Spring Concrete Conference on Sunday, March 28, 2024.