Berea College is one of the best American universities and the only university in the US that offers 100% fully funded Berea College Scholarships to international students, with excellent academic records and limited financial resources, who wish to pursue their studies at the institution.
All accepted candidates are promised no tuition fees. In the first year of enrollment, Berea College offers 100% funding to all admitted students covering tuition, board, room, and fees, but in subsequent years, students are supposed to save $1,000 per year to cover their expenses.
Besides Berea College scholarships, the university provides summer jobs for students so they can manage their expenses. Furthermore, admitted students must pay a US$50 entry fee and a deposit of £2,200 to confirm their registration.
The foreign student can use this deposit to cover certain expenses during his four years of study. If they cannot pay the deposit or part of it, they can get additional financial help.
Level and field of study:
BA/BA degree in any subject of study related to Arts to Science offered by the college.
Admission Requirements for Berea College Scholarships:
The applicant must be an outstanding student with excellent academic results and financial needs.
The student must submit a complete application package which must reach the Admissions Office before the deadline (November 30).
An applicant must submit scores for only one of these approved standardized tests: ACT, SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS. The minimum score for each of these tests is:
- TOEFL: 190 (computer); 520 (paper); 68 (online).
- IELTS: 5 in each subject of the exam and 6 overall.
- Law: 19 compounds.
- SAT I: 980 combined score or 1330 combined score.
- Candidates must be fluent in English.
How to Apply for Berea College Scholarship:
Applications must be completed via postal mail (students cannot apply online) and must contain all of the following items:
- International Admission Application and Berea College Scholarship Form.
- International personal essay and cover sheet for the essay.
- A copy of the official high school transcripts. Do not send originals.
- Personal statement of financial circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International financial recommendation from.
- Two letters of admission recommendation, at least one of which must be written by a current or former teacher.
- A copy of official results from at least one of the following tests: ACT, SAT, TOEFL, and IELTS.
Check the official Berea College Scholarships website for more details: https://www.berea.edu/admissions/student-financial-aid