About the university:
Deakin University is one of the best public universities in Australia. It has outstanding facilities including clinical simulation centres, an elite sports complex, and an outstanding engineering centre.
The university consists of four colleges (Arts and Education, Business and Law, Health and Science, Engineering and Built Environment). The colleges have different departments, such as education, midwifery, psychology, information technology, life sciences and environment. Deakin University has many student societies and clubs coordinated by the Students’ Union.
- Host university: Deakin University, Australia;
- Level of study: Master’s and doctoral levels.
- Scholarship Type: Partial financing;
- Scholarship Worth: $28,900;
- Registration deadline: February 2, 2025.
- Goal: international students;
- Available topics: Intelligent Systems Research and Innovation, Arts and Education, Frontier Subjects, Business and Law, Science, Engineering and the Built Environment, Health;
The Partial Funding Scholarships at Deakin University are for all international students and Masters and PhD students in the above-mentioned fields.
- A tax-free annual allowance of $28,900;
- A transfer scholarship of $500 to $1,500 for students from a foreign state or country;
- A health policy is required for international students for the duration of the visa.
- Enrollment in the HDR program as a domestic or international student is required in order to be considered for RTP Allowance, RTP Fee Reimbursement, RTP Allowance or DUPRS
- To qualify for the RTP Expenditure Allowance requires that the applicant not hold a Commonwealth Scholarship or corresponding scholarship.
- To qualify for the RTP or DUPRS allowance requires that the applicant must not have earned any other income in excess of 75% of the RTP or DUPRS allowance during the study period.
- Applicants must have completed at least four years of higher education with first class honours.
- Complete a research assignment, including a thesis, which is equivalent to at least 25% of a year of full-time studies with a grade of at least 70% and at least Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- The applicant must have successfully completed a research project (including a thesis) which equates to at least 25% of a year of full-time studies with a grade of at least 65% and at least Level 8 of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Applicants must submit certified copies by mail. These copies must be certified by the following approved authorities:
- justice of the peace;
- An Australian consular officer or an Australian diplomatic officer (as defined in the Consular Fees Act 1955);
- An employee of the Commonwealth or Australian Trade Commission working outside Australia;
- International Student Recruitment Agency.