Located in the heart of Queensland’s enchanting Gold Coast, Griffith University is a symbol of academic excellence, innovation and inclusivity. Its rich history reinforces its position as one of Australia’s premier higher education institutions.
Amidst the stunning natural beauty of the Queensland landscape, Griffith University provides a captivating and inspiring backdrop for students on their educational journey. Offering a wide range of academic programs covering diverse fields such as sciences, humanities, business, health and the arts, Griffith University is a haven for ambitious minds.
At the heart of Griffith University’s identity is a dedicated faculty of respected teachers and researchers who are driven by a deep passion for knowledge and an unwavering commitment to the success of their students. Their role extends beyond traditional teaching; They inspire, challenge and act as mentors, nurturing their students’ intellectual growth and preparing them to meet the world’s ever-evolving challenges.
- Host university: Griffith University;
- Host country: Australia;
- Level of study: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral and Postdoctoral levels;
- Scholarship Type: expenses;
- Scholarship Worth: Check out the details below;
- Eligible countries: international students;
- Available topics: All topics;
- Registration deadline: August 10, 2024.
Exciting scholarship opportunities are now open to international students, whether they are embarking on bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral or post-doctoral journeys across a wide range of fields at Griffith University in Australia.
Griffith University is proud to offer a variety of scholarships, each meticulously designed to recognize and empower outstanding students in various fields:
- Great Scholarship: This prestigious scholarship offers outstanding students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Griffith University a 50% reduction in tuition fees, in recognition of their exceptional academic achievements.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship for International Students: Griffith University warmly welcomes international students with outstanding academic records who are looking to join our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programmes. The scholarship offers a generous 25% tuition fee discount to support these outstanding individuals in their educational journey.
- Academic Merit Scholarship for International Students: For outstanding international students with a thirst for knowledge, Griffith University offers the International Student Academic Merit Scholarship, providing a 20% reduction in tuition fees in recognition of their outstanding academic performance.
- GELI Direct Entry Program (DEP) Scholarship: This scholarship is designed specifically for high-achieving students in Griffith English Language Institute’s Direct Entry program and provides a valuable financial boost in a total value of $1,000.
- Griffith International Scholarship for Griffith College Degree Diploma: Griffith University recognizes the dedication and potential of Griffith College Diploma graduates by offering financial assistance of $3,000, in honor of their commitment and promise.
- Griffith Research Scholarships: For those passionate about research and pursuing a PhD or research degree at Griffith University, Griffith Research Scholarships provide comprehensive support covering tuition fees, living allowances, relocation support and thesis allowances.
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships: Outstanding students involved in advanced research in Australia, who demonstrate outstanding research potential, are eligible for these scholarships, which are intended to cover general living expenses during their research.
- CSIRO Postdoctoral Scholarships: In collaboration with CSIRO, Griffith University offers exceptional opportunities for PhD graduates through Postdoctoral Fellowships, allowing them to gain valuable experience alongside leaders in the fields of science and engineering.
- CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarships: Griffith University’s partnership with CSIRO allows students to engage in meaningful collaboration while completing their doctoral studies, working alongside Australia’s leading research scientists and engineers in state-of-the-art facilities.
To be eligible for these valuable scholarships, prospective applicants must meet specific criteria, including maintaining a minimum GPA of 5.5 or higher on a 7-point scale (or equivalent), and submit their application for admission to Griffith University by Deadline for scholarship applications. And enroll as full-time students beginning their studies during the first, second, or third semester in 2024. For a comprehensive understanding of the minimum GPA criteria, please refer to the PDF document provided.
Prospective candidates applying for a Griffith University Scholarship will usually need to submit essential supporting documents with their scholarship application. These crucial documents include:
- Academic texts
- passport copy
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
Prospective students should also be aware of the following admission requirements:
- Relevant academic qualifications: Depending on the specific programme, you may need to successfully complete specific courses of study or possess relevant academic qualifications in line with your chosen field of study.
- Standardized test scores: Some programs, especially at the graduate and business levels, may require standardized test scores such as the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) to evaluate your academic abilities and readiness.
- work experience: In some cases, especially when pursuing postgraduate studies, relevant work experience in your chosen field may be required to ensure practical exposure and understanding.
Meeting language proficiency requirements is essential. Griffith University accepts the following language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): A grade of at least 6.5 or higher is required.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): A score of at least 575 for the paper-based test or 79 for the Internet-based test (iBT) is necessary.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): A score of at least 50 on the Pearson Test of English (Academic) is required.
- ISLPR (International Second Language Proficiency Ratings): A minimum score of 3 or higher on the ISLPR assessment is a valid measure of English language proficiency.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.griffith.edu.au/international/scholarships-finance/scholarships/academic-excellence