Don’t let the ants conquer you, especially in summer when the attacks of the ant armies on the houses begin, spreading through the house like the armies of the invaders, and as this insect is known to be very organized, walking in rows looking for his food to return to his kingdom and store it, and many have failed to get rid of it by common methods such as using chemical pesticides for example, but it ends with the victory of the invaders , but the time has come for your victory over those, as we are going to show you a list of the top 10 ways to get rid of ants permanently, so you should continue reading to the conclusion.
The reasons for the spread of ants in the house
Sure, ants don’t spread in your house for no reason, but there are many reasons for that, so we decided to list some of them and take them into consideration and watch out, and instead of looking for ways to get rid of them come, let’s deal with the problem from scratch and avoid doing those causes, the main of which are the following:
- The presence of a group of holes and cracks in the walls of the house, and this is one of the main reasons why these insects enter the house in abundance, and you must immediately seal these holes in the walls to prevent the entry of insects like ants.
- Eternal or old houses built a long time ago are most vulnerable to ant attacks and are more suitable for the work of ant hives.
- Food should be left uncovered overnight so it should be covered or refrigerated so as not to attract ants.
- Allowing garbage to accumulate in the kitchen and not throwing it out daily, especially if you throw leftovers in it, so you have to throw it out daily.
- Negligence in cleaning carpets and floors, as well as not cleaning them regularly, leads to the spread of ants throughout the house, and this is one of the main reasons for their invasion of homes.
Ways to get rid of ants
10- Essential oils
This is one of the main ways to get rid of ants, because they are afraid of the pungent smells of essential oils, such as, for example, cloves, mint and cinnamon.
Read also:The 10 best types of cuisines and their prices in Egypt
It is also one of the easiest ways and you can follow these steps to get rid of ants permanently:
- Put ten drops of one of these oils in a spray bottle.
- Then use it to spray the corners and entrances of the house from which it enters.
- With the repetition of these steps, this plague is completely finished.
9- Soap and water
One of the easiest and best 10 ways to get rid of ants, by following these simple steps:
- Prepare a solution of half a cup of water, add liquid soap and a little shampoo.
- Put the solution in a spray bottle, shake well and spray the corners and areas where ants appear.
It is imperative that these areas are moist to ensure the success of the recipe and effectively remove ants.
You can rely on herbs to get rid of ants, as these are substances that ants hate, as they have a pungent odor.
Read also:Top 10 fabrics for curtains
So you have to prepare an ingredient of water and one of the kinds of spices, for example, black pepper, cinnamon, coffee or cloves, even garlic powder.
And spray that solution in places where ants appear and walk, but also on the threshold of the house and in the corners.
It can also be sprayed without adding water. Anyway, this is one of the top 10 ways to get rid of ants.
This may be the first time you know that alcohol is one of the substances that remove ants, so we recommend that you prepare an alcohol solution and take the following steps:
- Mix equal parts water with alcohol, then shake well to mix the ingredients.
- Put this solution in a spray bottle and spray it in the corners of the house and areas where it accumulates.
- Repeat these steps daily until you are completely rid of the ants for good.
6- Boric acid
Experiments have shown that boric acid is one of the top 10 ways to get rid of ants, in other words, it is a reliable source to get rid of ants in a short period of just three weeks, whether it be workers or the queen. of its use, as follows:
Read also:Top 10 ways to polish wood
- Spray the acid or its solution around the corners of the house.
- Hand out cotton balls after soaking them in boric acid through the house.
But you have to be careful as it is one of the types of poison, so you have to be careful about the following when using it:
- Do not touch it or wear gloves when preparing and using it.
- It should not be within the reach of children and also keep it away from pets.
5- White vinegar
White vinegar is indispensable in every home due to its many uses and benefits. Here we remind you that it is one of the 10 best ways to get rid of ants, by following the following:
- Make a diluted vinegar solution of water and vinegar in equal parts.
- It is used to wipe surfaces and floors to get rid of ants, as it is characterized by its scent that persists even after it dries, affecting and driving away ants.
As we know, lemon is the perfect solution for many household problems, and above all, it is also one of the 10 best ways to get rid of ants, because of the characteristic acidic substances it contains that deter ants, through the use of lemon, as shown in the following lines:
- Add drops of lemon juice to doors, windows, and places where ants enter.
- Cut the lemon zest into small slices and place them around the vents.
We recommend that you continue to follow the previous methods daily until the ant problem in your home is completely gone.
Cinnamon has a strong smell that repels ants, so we recommend preparing the following recipe:
- Make a solution of one cup of water to which cinnamon oil is added with half a teaspoon.
- Make cotton balls and soak them in the previous solution.
- Distribute these balls in the corners of the house and at the entrances and exits from which ants enter.
And you have to keep repeating that process for quite some time until you eliminate it, or you can distribute cinnamon sticks on the floor, especially at the entrances.
2- Cucumber and citrus peels
While you may think that citrus fruits and cucumber peel are food and that their presence may attract more ants, you can use them to get rid of them permanently by doing the following:
- Put citrus fruits and cucumber peel in places where there are ants.
- Use products scented with citrus oil to get rid of ants.
This is because both are toxic to the fungus that ants feed on, which they do their best to stay away from.
1- Block the gates and starve
As mentioned earlier, it is better to solve the problem before it occurs than to look for a solution afterwards. So you have to follow the starvation method, that is, make sure that there are no food sources available that they can easily access. In other words, you should store food in sealed plastic boxes or bags and also be careful about cleaning up leftovers and crumbs.
As for the second part of this method, blocking the outlets, it may be difficult for you to seal every nook and cranny of the house, but you should regularly search and inspect for holes in the floors or cracks in the floor . walls and repair them to prevent ants from entering the house. Undoubtedly, the method of blocking the outlets and starvation is the most important method. In the list of top 10 ways to get rid of ants.
Top 10 herbs to drive bugs out of the house