The University of Adelaide is a prestigious public research university located in Adelaide, South Australia. It is one of the oldest universities in Australia and is consistently ranked among the best institutions in the country and the world.
As a research-intensive institution, the University of Adelaide is at the forefront of cutting-edge research and innovation. It has many research centers and institutes dedicated to developing knowledge in various fields, contributing to the global body of knowledge, and confronting real-world challenges.
The University of Adelaide prides itself on its commitment to sustainability and social responsibility. It actively engages with the community through outreach programs, partnerships and initiatives, making a positive impact on the community.
Overall, the University of Adelaide provides students with an exceptional learning experience, a supportive academic environment and opportunities for personal and professional growth, making it a sought-after destination for both local and international students.
- Host university: University of Adelaide;
- Host country: Australia;
- Level of study: Doctoral level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial financing;
- Scholarship Worth: $32,500;
- Eligible countries: international students;
- Available topics: Science, engineering and technology;
- Registration deadline: The scholarship is open.
ARC-funded International PhD Scholarships are now available to all international students and PhD students in the fields of science, engineering and technology to give them the opportunity to pursue their studies at the University of Adelaide, Australia.
The university places great emphasis on its global outlook and maintains active partnerships with institutions around the world. It enhances student participation in international study programs and facilitates exchange opportunities with its partner universities. The institution’s inclusive environment attracts a diverse group of students and researchers from around the world. The university is known for its outstanding teaching and research, and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs covering multiple disciplines.
The university is known for its commitment to excellence in education, research and community engagement. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines, including arts, sciences, engineering, health sciences, business, law and many more. Students have the opportunity to earn specialized degrees in their areas of interest and receive a high-quality education from distinguished faculty.
The scholarship recipient will receive funding for 3.5 years, along with an annual stipend of $32,500.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must be Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia or international students eligible for the PhD program at the University of Adelaide.
- They must possess excellent academic achievements.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD or Professional Doctorate by Research program at the University of Adelaide and must be within the first 18 months of their candidacy.
Depending on students’ region or country of citizenship, they may need to apply through a University of Adelaide registered educational agent.
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Certificates of degrees he obtained
- Academic texts
- Translate any non-English documents
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- International students must be able to complete both the proposed training and doctoral degree within the duration of their student visa.
- To be eligible for the PhD programme, applicants must have at least a second-class honors degree (upper division) or a relevant Master’s degree including 12 credit points by research (or equivalent).
Applicants must meet one of the following language proficiency criteria:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – academic test
- TOEFL – Internet-based and paper-based
- Pearson Test of English – Academic
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced)
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://scholarships.adelaide.edu.au/Scholarships/postgraduate-research/faculty-of-sciences-engineering-and-technology-set/arc-grant-7