Located in the beautiful city of Cambridge, the University of Cambridge is a timeless place for learning, stimulating innovation and lively debate. What makes Cambridge truly special is the diverse mix of its colleges, each with its own culture and customs. This combination creates a unique academic experience.
This esteemed institution is known for fostering an environment in which intellectual curiosity and creativity are not only supported, but enthusiastically embraced. It is a place where students are more than just learners; They are adventurous explorers, fearlessly question the status quo, and wholeheartedly pursue their interests. Within the college’s historic buildings, a close-knit community thrives, creating a deep sense of belonging and friendship among students. At the same time, strong academic standards act as a guiding force, encouraging students to explore beyond their chosen fields.
- Host university: Cambridge University;
- Host country: United kingdom;
- Level of study: Master’s and doctoral levels.
- Scholarship Type: Fully funded;
- Scholarship Worth: £20,000;
- Eligible countries: International and national students;
- Available topics: All topics;
- Registration deadline: January 5y2024.
For the academic year 2024-2025, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship embraces aspiring scholars from around the world, and invites both international and local students. These prestigious scholarships open doors to a range of academic endeavours, which include Masters, PhD and diploma programs across a wide range of subjects. All of this unfolds within the venerable campus of the University of Cambridge.
- University composition fees, the cornerstone of this academic edifice, are carefully designed to fit your unique needs. Its value varies depending on your student category, with exact figures available in the Postgraduate Bulletin.
- The generous Maintenance Allowance, which is like a friend looking after you, gives you £20,000 for a full year (at 2025-24). This allowance, which is adjusted for courses of less than 12 months, ensures that you are never financially burdened throughout your academic journey. If you have a Ph.D. During your journey, this charitable support extends for up to four years, enhancing your scientific growth.
- What’s more, a single economy class ticket takes you to the beginning of your academic adventure, returns you home when it’s finished, and connects you to your academic destination.
- Recognizing the importance of smooth entry into the UK, the scholarship covers internal visa processing costs and immigration health surcharges, ensuring your arrival is as worry-free as your academic aspirations.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Fund, much like a guardian angel, carefully receives applications for various types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding, ranging from £500 to £2,000, adapts to the length of your course, facilitating your participation in conferences and courses, enriching your academic journey.
- For scholars with families, the Dependent Child Allowance provides financial support, offering up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children (at 2025-24), although no funding is available for partners.
- If your academic pathway includes fieldwork as part of your PhD, you can apply to maintain your regular maintenance allowance during these endeavours, as the Trust recognizes that these experiences are integral to your academic growth.
- During times of change, such as maternity or paternity leave, you can find solace in the scholarship provisions, allowing a break of up to six months while continuing to receive your maintenance allowance.
- Recognizing that unexpected hardships can sometimes cloud your academic path, the Trust extends a compassionate hand with hardship funding to help you navigate through these difficult moments.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship casts a wide net, welcoming individuals from all over the world, regardless of their nationality, provided they are not resident in the UK. This scholarship is an invitation to explore a field of knowledge at the University of Cambridge, provided you are inclined towards the following academic endeavours:
- Embark on a full- or part-time PhD* A journey where innovation knows no bounds.
- Adventure in the world of M.Litt, a long journey towards mastery of your subject.
- Enrollment on a full-time, one-year postgraduate course, with some exceptions worth exploring further.
- Noteworthy opportunity for admission October 2024: Gates Cambridge is pioneering a scheme that allows prospective researchers to access funding for a part-time PhD, promising flexibility in academic pursuit.
If you are already a member of the Cambridge academic family, don’t worry. If you aspire to further enrich your academic journey with a new postgraduate course, then you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. For example, if you are currently engaged in the pursuit of a Master’s degree in Philosophy, the scholarship provides you with the opportunity to embark on a transformative doctoral degree. a trip. Current Gates Cambridge Scholars can also dream again, as they have the privilege of applying for a second scholarship when undertaking a different degree.
Preparation of application materials:
- A statement of purpose (usually about 500 words) explaining why you are a good fit for the scholarship and how you intend to use the knowledge gained to make a positive impact.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants).
- Academic texts.
- Letters of recommendation (usually two to three).
- Standardized test scores (if required by your course).
- English proficiency test scores if necessary.
- The application process for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship is done online. Access the online application form on the official scholarship website. Make sure to read the directions and instructions carefully before starting your order.
Join the Gates Cambridge community:
- Once you become a Gates Cambridge Scholar, you will have the opportunity to join a vibrant community of scholars and participate in events and activities organized by the Gates Cambridge Trust.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.gatescambridge.org/