Experience the transformative power of education with an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship. This prestigious scholarship is designed for both domestic and international students pursuing Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at accredited Australian higher education providers, and provides financial support for tuition fees, living expenses and research costs. It promotes collaboration between educational institutions, industries and end-users of research.
The duration of the scholarship varies, accommodating PhD candidates for up to three years and six months, and Masters by Research candidates for up to two years. By supporting academic advancement and embracing research potential, the RTP Scholarship empowers individuals to excel in their fields, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge across fields.
Unleash a world of research excellence with an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship – an exciting opportunity brought to life by the Australian Government. Designed for both domestic and international students, this scholarship serves as a beacon for those embarking on Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at selected Australian tertiary institutions. It’s not just about financial aid; It is a channel for scientists to delve deeper into their research endeavors while adopting flexible funding arrangements.
- Host university: University of Tasmania;
- Host country: Australia;
- Level of study: Master’s and doctoral levels.
- Scholarship Type: Partial financing;
- Scholarship Worth: AUD 20,000 – AUD 31,500;
- Eligible countries: international students;
- Available topics: All topics;
- Registration deadline: September 25y2025.
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships are available for international Masters and PhD students in all fields to pursue their studies at the University of Tasmania, Australia.
The RTP Scholarship is more than just an educational initiative; It is a bridge that unites academic brilliance, industries and end-users of research. It is a testament to the power of collaboration to create meaningful impact.
The essence of the Research Training Program (RTP) is multifaceted and includes the following objectives:
- Skilled Futures: The program is a catalyst to empower graduates with skills that span academia and other sectors of the labor market.
- Fabric nets: RTP fosters a symphony of collaboration between higher education providers, industries and other end-users of research, opening up avenues for interdisciplinary growth.
- Global Prospects: This is not limited to Australian territory; It offers its support to overseas candidates aiming to amplify their potential with higher degrees by researching Australian higher education providers.
This scholarship is not just about financial support; It is about enhancing the potential of researchers and developing knowledge across diverse fields. It provides:
- Covering tuition fees
- Support for living costs
- Distribution of research expenses
The RTP Stipend is a sign of dedication and hard work:
- AU$31,500 per year for full-time candidates
- The salary rate remains constant for subsequent years, and is adjusted in line with legislative guidelines.
Doctoral candidates enjoy a period of 3 years and 6 months, while Master’s candidates are supported for 2 years. Extensions are not entertained, although periods of paid leave are given due consideration.
For those embarking on a Tasmanian hunt, there is an RTP allowance to ease the route. The one-off relocation allowance, up to A$2,000, is a gesture to cover costs associated with relocating to Hobart, Launceston or the Cradle Coast. From traveling by plane to traveling by car, the university understands the importance of a smooth transition.
- Enrolled in a postgraduate degree accredited by research at the university.
- Local or external filter.
- Academic merit is in sync with the candidate’s RTP pay rate.
The RTP grant is not just a financial saving; It is an invitation to immerse yourself in the world of research. It is a declaration that innovation knows no bounds and that those who seek to unlock the world’s secrets deserve support. The journey is about cooperation, quest and exploration. From initial application to realization of research goals, RTP scholarship accompanies scientists as they shape the future of knowledge.
For those lucky enough to secure this scholarship, there are key steps to follow:
- Winners must honor acceptance and commencement according to the dates stated in their offer letter.
- In cases where commencement needs to be delayed, a formal request must be submitted explaining the reason, proposed new enrollment date, and supervisor support. Delays will not be approved after December 1, 2025.
- Failure to commence as agreed without prior permission will result in the scholarship offer being withdrawn.
The RTP Scholarship journey is bound by a commitment to academic progress. The support period ends either at the end of the award term or at the submission of the thesis for examination – whichever comes first.
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to take a collaborative approach. Requests should be worked on in cooperation with the supervisory team.
- The scholarship application journey begins by visiting the “Apply Now” page on the university’s platform.
- Applications are then carefully reviewed and ranked on a competitive basis, ensuring that each recipient embodies the essence of research excellence.
In the fabric of research and academia, the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) grant emerges as a promising thread. It combines financial aid, academic dedication, and a commitment to promoting collaborative growth. This is not just a scholarship; It is a journey of discovery, a path for ambitious minds to discover treasures of knowledge.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.utas.edu.au/research/degrees